This nightshade free BBQ sauce is the perfect summertime condiment! It is paleo, vegan and AIP.
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp nomato sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp ginger powder
- 3/4 tsp smoked salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Optional – 2 tbsp water (for a thinner sauce)
- If the dates are hard, soak in warm water for 10 minutes until soft. Drain the excess water and pat the dates dry.
- Add all of the ingredients to a highspeed blender and blend until fully incorporated.
- Taste the BBQ sauce and season further to taste in desired, or add water for a thinner sauce.
- Store in the fridge in glass for 3-4 days (or freeze) and use as a BBQ sauce substitute. To enjoy the sauce heated, heat in a small sauce pan for 2-3 minutes while stirring.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Dips
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 69
- Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 17.6g
- Fiber: 0.6g