For the cake balls
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp collagen peptides
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp coconut butter, softened but not melted (see notes for method)
- 3 tbsp light-colored honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
For the chocolate coating
- 1/2 cup dairy free & soy free chocolate (for AIP sub the base of this recipe, see notes)
For the pink drizzle (optional)
- ‘Using a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, arrowroot starch, collagen, vanilla bean powder, and sea salt and mix well.
- Stir in the coconut butter, coconut oil, and honey. Mix well until the batter is fully incorporated. The batter should be easy to work with, but firm. If it’s too soft to roll into cake balls, place it in the freezer for 5 minutes to slightly harden.
- Prepare a plate lined with parchment paper and roll the batter into 6 cake balls. Set the cake balls onto the plate and place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes or until completely hardened.
- To melt the chocolate coating, prepare a double boiler by filling a medium-sized pot two-thirds of the way with water and bringing it to a low boil. Place a metal bowl over the pot and add the chocolate, stirring often to melt. Carefully set aside once the chocolate has melted.
- Remove the cake balls from the freezer and insert the lollipop sticks into the base of each cake ball.
- Dip the cake balls into the chocolate coating, rotating to evenly coat. Hold over the bowl to remove any excess chocolate before carefully placing the cake pop into a mug to harden. Repeat for all of the cake pops.
- Place the cake pops in the freezer for 15-20 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
- To serve, remove from the freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before enjoying!
Optional pink drizzle
- After the chocolate coating hardens, combine the ingredients in a small bowl and use a small spoon to carefully drizzle over cake pops. Return to the freezer until hardened.
- For the coconut butter in the cake balls, you want it to be softened to where you can stir it, but not melted. The best way to do this is to place the coconut butter jar in a pot of hot water until the coconut butter softens just to where you can stir it.
- For AIP, simply use the base of this recipe by following steps 1-3 and using that melted carob mixture to dip your cake pops in.