This no-knead gluten-free bread is an easy and delicious option for homemade bread! This rustic loaf is flavored with garlic & herb seasoning and olive oil.
- Add the yeast to a large bowl and pour the water over the yeast along with the honey. Gently combine to disolve the yeast. Tightly cover the yeast mixture and allow to sit for 5-15 minutes. The top of the mixture should be foamy and bubbly.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients to the yeast mixture and stir with a rubber spatula to fully combine. Tightly cover the bowl and allow to sit for 45-60 minutes.
- While the bread sits, preheat the oven to 450 F. Once heated, transfer a dutch oven/cast iron pot to the oven to allow to preheat.
- Set out a piece of parchment paper that’s lightly floured. Flour your hands and scoop the bread dough out of the bowl and onto the parchment paper. Add more flour as needed if the dough is wet to make it easier to work with. Form the dough into a tight, round bread loaf. Use a sharp knife to lightly score an cross into the top of the bread.
- Very carefully remove the dutch oven from the oven and remove the lid. Transfer the bread dough along with the parchment paper to the dutch oven and cover.
- Place the covered dutch oven back in the oven and allow to bake for 35 min.
- Carefully remove the lid of the dutch oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the bread is crisped to your liking. (Be careful about the parchment paper burning)
- Remove the bread from the oven and carefully transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completly and come to room temperature (this will at least take one hour, but preferably two hours) before slicing and serving.
- Serve toasted or untoasted with toppings of your choice! Store in the fridge.
See above for potential subsitutions for this recipe.
This recipe was adapted from here and here. Also, shout out to Kuluntu Bakery for the bread baking class I took with them to help learn how to bake a beautiful sourdough loaf from scratch, which helped to perfect this recipe!
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 122
- Fat: 3.8g
- Carbohydrates: 19.4g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 2.8g