This easy potato salad is made without mayo! It’s paleo, whole30, and AIP compliant.
- 2 lbs Hannah sweet potato, chopped (see notes)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 2 tsp chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp compliant dijon mustard (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Fill a large pot two-thirds of the way with water and bring to a low boil. Lightly salt the water.
- Add the chopped sweet potato/potato and cook for 12-15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Strain well and set aside to cool.
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet potato/potato, red onion, bacon, and herbs. Set aside.
- Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Pour the dressing mixture into the potato salad mixture and mix well to combine.
- Serve chilled (or slightly warm) and enjoy!
For AIP, I recommend Hannah white sweet potatoes. Orange sweet potatoes will also work. If you tolerate potatoes, you can use something like red potatoes.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Sides
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American