- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 6 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup zucchini, shredded and unpeeled (excess water squeezed out)
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips (I use the brand enjoy life)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a large baking sheet with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Using a large bowl, whisk the flax and water together. Set aside and allow to set for 5 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Add the coconut sugar, maple syrup, and coconut oil to the flaxseed mixture and stir well to combine.
- Pour in the oats, almond flour, zucchini, baking soda, cinnamon, and chocolate chips, and stir well to ensure that the chocolate chips are evenly dispersed throughout the batter and there are no clumps of flour.
- Using a cookie scoop (or your hands), scoop the cookies onto the baking sheet and evenly space. Lightly flatten with the back of your hands. You should have about a dozen cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-17 minutes or until the cookies are baked through.
- Allow to sit on the baking dish for a few minutes before carefully transferring to a cooling rack and allow to cool further before enjoying.
To remove the excess water from the zucchini, simply squeeze with a cheesecloth or clean dish towel.
All nutritional facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 17 min
- Category: Treats
- Method: Oven
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 8.6g
- Carbohydrates: 18.6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4.1g