- 1 lb chicken cutlets
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup jarred artichoke hearts
- 1 cup gluten-free cassava orzo
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Juice of one large lemon
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (omit for AIP)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Lemon slices to serve
- Pat the chicken dry and season with half of the salt, and pepper. Dredge on both sides with arrowroot starch.
- Using a large pan, heat the oil on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side until lightly crisp and cooked through to 165 F. Set aside.
- Add the zucchini to the pan (adding more oil if needed) and saute for 2-3 minutes or until the zucchini begins to soften. Add the artichoke hearts and sear on each side for 2-3 minutes or until lightly crisp.
- Pour the orzo in the pan and saute for 2 minutes before adding the broth, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, the remainder of the salt and pepper and frozen peas. Stir well. Bring to a boil and reduce to a low simmer. Simmer on low for 10 minutes, stirring often to allow the orzo to cook through.
- Once the orzo is tender, add the coconut milk and stir well. Add the chicken back to the pan and cover for 5 minutes to allow the chicken to reheat.
- Serve topped with chopped parsley and lemon slices to serve.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: One-Pan
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 358
- Fat: 15.3g
- Carbohydrates: 27.2g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 30.8g