This one-pot lemon chicken pasta is the perfect easy weeknight dish! It’s made with gluten-free pasta, cooked chicken, broth, lemon juice and broccoli.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 12 oz gluten-free spaghetti (sub cassava spaghetti for AIP)
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3–4 tbsp lemon juice (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste (omit pepper for AIP)
- 2 cups chicken, cooked (cubed or shredded)
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Zest of half a lemon
- Using a large deep pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and broccoli and saute for 4-5 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant and the broccoli is bright green and lightly fork tender.
- Turn off the heat and add the spaghetti to the pan. The spaghetti should fit without breaking it in half. Pour the broth and lemon juice over the pasta, ensuring that it’s covered. Add the oregano, basil, salt, and pepper and slightly stir.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, for 10-11 minutes, stirring the pasta often to ensure it doesn’t stick. The broth should reduce and the pasta should be cooked al dente. Add 2-3 more tablespoons of broth if the pasta needs more cook time.
- Add the chicken and stir in for 1 minute to combine and reheat.
- Serve the pasta topped with parsley and lemon zest.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 364
- Fat: 9.7g
- Carbohydrates: 45.6g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 23.1g
Keywords: lemon chicken pasta, one pot pasta