This orange beef is a flavor-packed meal that’s a healthier version of a classic. It’s paleo, whole30, and easy to make AIP.
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb ginger, grated and minced
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (omit for whole30)
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp green onion, sliced
- Season the flank steak well with salt and pepper and slice thin slices against the grain.
- Add to a bowl and thoroughly coat with arrowroot starch.
- Heat avocado oil in a pan and cook the flank steak for 2-3 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Add garlic and ginger to the pan and saute until fragrant.
- Add coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, coconut sugar, and orange zest to the pan and stir well to combine. Allow thickening over 2-3 minutes.
- Add the steak back to the pan and stir to coat in the sauce for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve topped with sliced green onion and additional orange zest.
All nutrition facts are estimations and will vary.
- Category: main dishes
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 349
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 13.2g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 34.1g
Keywords: orange beef