These BBQ chicken thighs are one of my mother-in-law’s specialties! This version is paleo and can be made whole30 and AIP.
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp ghee (sub avocado oil for AIP)
- 1 1/2 cup compliant BBQ sauce (notes for options)
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and line a casserole dish (preferably with a lid) with parchment paper.
- Mix the salt, pepper, onion, garlic, and coconut sugar together to make a rub. Pat the chicken thighs dry and season with the rub.
- Transfer the chicken thighs to the casserole dish and top with ghee and bbq sauce.
- Cover the casserole dish and transfer to the oven. Bake for 90 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and remove the cover. Raise the oven temperature to 400 F and transfer back to the oven. Bake for an additional 15-25 minutes, or until the desired crispness is reached.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve fresh.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 699
- Fat: 38.3g
- Carbohydrates: 53.5g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 33.4g
Keywords: bbq chicken thighs