This oven-baked meatball recipe is the easiest way to make the perfect meatballs! These meatballs are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, whole30, and can be made AIP.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 egg yolks (omit for AIP)
- 3 tbsp almond flour (sub 2 tbsp of coconut flour for AIP, see notes)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 12 oz gluten-free spaghetti (sub Jovial cassava spaghetti, or spaghetti squash for AIP)
- 24 oz tomato sauce (sub nomato sauce for AIP)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Using a large bowl, combine the beef, egg yolk, almond flour, and seasonings. Mix well to thoroughly combine.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the meatball mixture and form into round, uniformly sized meatballs (about 1.5″ in diameter) evenly spaced on the baking sheet.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 20-23 minutes. The meatballs should be cooked through but not yet crispy.
- While the meatballs cook, cook the spaghetti as directed, strain, and seat aside.
- Turn on the broiler setting on the oven and cook for 2-3 more minutes or until the meatballs are crispy. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Using a large pot, add the pasta sauce and bring to a low simmer. Add the meatballs to the pot and stir for 2 minutes to allow to coat in the sauce.
- Serve the meatballs over the spaghetti with extra sauce. Top with chopped parsley.
If making the meatballs AIP, also add about 1 tbsp of olive oil to add extra moisture to account for being egg-free.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 535
- Fat: 6.2g
- Carbohydrates: 76g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Protein: 39.2g