These oven-roasted cabbage steaks are an easy and delicious side dish that is topped with bacon and fresh herbs. This recipe is paleo, whole30, and AIP.
- 1 medium head of green cabbage
- 2 tbsp ghee (sub avocado oil)
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3–4 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the thick outer leaves from the cabbage and wash thoroughly. Slice into 1/2″-3/4″ thick steaks and place on the baking sheet.
- Brush with ghee on both sides and season with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Use a spatula to very gently flip the cabbage steaks and roast for another 15-20 minutes or until the cabbage is lightly crisped to your liking.
- Serve topped with bacon, parsley, and additional seasoning to taste.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Side Dishes
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 201
- Fat: 14.3g
- Carbohydrates: 14.7g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Protein: 5.9g