These paleo chocolate zucchini brownies are a delicious treat with a veggie boost! They’re gluten free, egg free, and easy to make AIP!
- 2 cup shredded & peeled zucchini, squeezed to remove excess water
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (sub carob powder for AIP)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the gelatin eggs (sub 3 eggs)
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp gelatin
- 2–3 tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips (omit for AIP)
- Melted chocolate chips (sub carob mixed with coconut oil for AIP)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line an 8×8″ pan with parchment paper
- Mix the shredded zucchini with the dry ingredients
- Pour in the maple syrup and coconut oil and mix well until the batter is well combined and no clumps of zucchini or cocoa powder remain
- To make the gelatin egg (sub regular eggs) pour the water into a small pot and sprinkle the gelatin over top. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes until the mixture hardens. Set the pot on a burner set to low for 1-2 minutes until the gelatin melts (be careful not to burn it). Remove the pot from the heat and vigorously whisk until the mixture becomes frothy. Immediately add it to the brownie batter.
- Evenly spoon the brownie batter into the baking pan and top with chocolate chips (if using).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until brownies are baked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting into 9 pieces. Drizzle with optional melted chocolate and top with sea salt.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American