This paleo puppy chow is grain free, and made with real food ingredients! It’s the perfect treat to enjoy over the holidays and share with guests.
- Assemble a double boiler with a medium sized pot filled halfway with water. Bring the water to a simmer and place a metal mixing bowl over the pot.
- Pour the almond butter, chocolate, and coconut oil into the metal bowl and allow it to slowly melt, mixing often for 1-2 minutes. Once the mixture is melted and completely liquid use an oven mitt to remove the bowl from the heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly before stirring in the coconut chips. Stir well to evenly coat, and carefully to not allow the chips to break.
- Using a sealable bag, add the coconut sugar and the coconut mixture. Shake the bag to evenly coat. Add more coconut sugar if desired.
- Serve in a bowl either fresh (be careful, it gets a bit messy) or chilled, and enjoy!
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Dessert
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 406
- Fat: 35.7g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6g
- Fiber: 7.3g
- Protein: 7.1g