- 3/4 cup tigernut flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp blackstrap molasees
- 1/3 cup palm shortening
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Using a large bowl, sift together the tigernut flour, arrowroot, gelatin, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon until well combined.
- Stir in the maple syrup and blackstrap molasses. Fold in the palm shortening and stir until a dough forms.
- Set out a bowl or plate with the coconut sugar. Roll the dough into small balls (you should have 7-8 cookies) and roll each one in coconut sugar to coat.
- Place the cookie dough on the baking sheet and flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes or until baked through. Carefully transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool before enjoying.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: Treats
- Method: Baked
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 209
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 19.4g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 2.3g