These easy Tostadas are made with grain-free tortillas, ground beef, and other classic toppings! They’re paleo, dairy-free, gluten-free, and easy to make AIP.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 tsp chili powder (omit for AIP)
- 1 tsp cumin (omit for AIP)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1–2 tbsp avocado oil
- 8–10 Almond Flour tortillas (I use Siete brand, see notes for alternatives of AIP/nut allergies)
- 1–2 large avocados, mashed
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 8–10 grape tomatoes, sliced (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Dairy-free sour cream for topping
- Lime wedges to serve
- Using a large pan, add the beef and diced onion over medium heat. Crumble and brown the ground beef over medium heat, seasoning with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, and cilantro. Drain the excess fat and set aside.
- Clean out the pan and add avocado oil. Heat over medium heat. Add the tortillas one by one and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until the tortilla starts to crisp. Set aside and repeat with all of the tortillas.
- Assemble the tostadas by layering on the mashed avocado, then the ground beef, then the toppings, and finish with sour cream and cilantro. Serve fresh.
You can use other varieties of Siete brand tortillas, or other grain-free tortillas like homemade cassava tortillas for AIP. The trick is to just get them nice and crispy, so each of the different varieties of tortillas will vary a bit with cook times, but as long as you keep a close eye on it you can make it work.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stove Top