For the crust
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the lemon curd
- 1 & 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4–5 lemons)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (preferably golden)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1/4 cup of water
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and line an 8×8″ baking pan with parchment paper
- Start with the crust by mixing together the two flours, and then stirring in the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Evenly flatten the crust in the bottom of the pan and puncture the crust with a fork about 10-15 times.
- Bake the crust until lightly golden brown for about 25-30 minutes. Set aside and allow to completely cool.
- Place a large pot over medium heat and stir together all of the ingredients (reserving the gelatin and water). Stir while the curd thickens for about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the curd to slightly cool.
- In a smaller pot, add the water and sprinkle over the gelatin. Allow the mixture to sit until it hardens. Melt the gelatin on low heat for 2-3 minutes, being careful to not let it burn or boil. Vigorously whisk and stir the gelatin egg into the lemon mixture. Let the curd cool.
- Once cooled, pour the curd over the crust and place in the fridge for 3-4 hours, once the curd solidifies. Carefully remove from the pan and slice into 9 bars. Be aware that the curd may separate from the crust if handled too hard.
- Garnish with lemon slices or lemon zest and enjoy!
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 323
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 26.3g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 2.6g