- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- FOR THE GELATIN EGG (sub 1 regular egg if tolerated)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp gelatin (like this )
- FOR SERVING – Compliant marinara sauce of choice (I use this for AIP )
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flours until well combined
- Next stir in the herbs, seasonings, nutritional yeast, and baking soda
- For the gelatin egg (sub 1 regular egg if tolerated) add the water to a small sauce pot and slowly pour over the 1 tbsp gelatin. You don’t want any clumps, so lightly mix if needed. Allow the mixture to rest and bloom over 2-3 minutes. Place the pot on the stove and turn in on low heat. Slowly melt the the gelatin (this will take just a few minutes) and remove from heat.
- Once removed from the stove, vigorously whisk the gelatin egg until it becomes frothy. Add the gelatin egg to the mixture immediately and mix to combine.
- Pour in the olive oil and mix well until dough is fully combined
- Roll the dough into small snack bites (you should have 4-5… the picture features more than one batch). Add 1 tsp more of olive oil if the dough is too dry.
- Place the dough balls on the baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool while heating a side of marinara sauce
- Serve with the sauce for dipping and enjoy!
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 snack bite
- Calories: 163
- Fat: 8.6g
- Carbohydrates: 17.5g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Protein: 4.8g