- 1 1/4 cup tigernut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup palm shortening
- 1 tbsp gelatin (I use Vital Proteins)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I use enjoy life. Use these homemade carob chips for AIP)
- 2–3 tbsp marshmallows, chopped into small squares (These or homemade)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Using a large bowl, combine the tigernut flour, tapioca starch, and gelatin.
- Mix in the maple syrup and palm shortening, and fold the cookie dough until well combined. Finally, stir in the chocolate (or carob) chips and marshmallows (reserving about 7 large marshmallow squares for later).
- Form the dough into about 6-7 cookies, and keep the marshmallow pieces towards the top and center of the cookies (touching the baking pan will make them melt further)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and carefully place on a cooling rack. After 5 minutes of cooling, place one square of marshmallow onto each cookie.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 299
- Fat: 17.1g
- Carbohydrates: 19.4g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 4.2g