- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup coconut cream, softened (use this, or place a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight and use the cream on top)
- Optional- 1/3 cup chicken broth (see instructions)
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- 3 cups spinach, finely chopped
- First, steam the cauliflower by adding about 1/2 an inch of water to a pan and bring to a simmer. Add the cauliflower and cover the pan for 5-8 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft. Drain the excess water, and set the cauliflower aside.
- Add the avocado oil to a frying pan and bring to medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic until fragrant and translucent. Remove from the pan add to a blender and reserve about 1 tbsp of oil in the pan. Set aside.
- Using a high-speed blender, combine all of the ingredients (reserving the spinach) and blend until smooth. Add the chicken broth to make the dip creamier if desired. Spoon into a bowl or serving dish and set aside.
- Using the same frying pan, wilt the spinach on medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Stir into the dip and mix well.
- Serve the dip warm with simple mills crackers, or vegetables like celery and carrots for AIP & whole30.
If you make this ahead of time and serve it at a party, feel free to heat it in the oven for 5-10 minutes at 350F.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Sides
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American