These paleo strawberry shortcakes are a decadent and delicious summertime treat! They’re gluten free, dairy free, and AIP compliant.
For the strawberries
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
For the shortcakes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tigernut flour
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp palm shortening
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Combine the strawberries and coconut sugar and mix to coat. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Mix the coconut milk with the apple cider vinegar in a bowl and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine the tapioca starch, coconut flour, tigernut flour, gelatin, salt, and baking powder and mix well to combine.
- Cream the palm shortening and maple syrup together and add to the dry ingredients. Mix in the coconut milk and stir until a batter forms.
- Form the batter into 4 small, round shortcakes and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes. Carefully transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, slice the shortcakes in half and add sliced strawberries, and a spoonful of coconut cream to the base of the sliced shortcake. Add the top of the shortcake and top off with more coconut cream and a strawberry slice. Serve immediately.
All nutrition facts are estimations.
The photos of this recipe and all written content on my website are copyright protected and cannot be copied or shared. Please do not copy this recipe or photos and share it on your own website, Instagram, or other written materials. If you’d like to tell people about this recipe on social media, your own website, or elsewhere please link back to the recipe here rather than copy and pasting. Thank you so much!!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 476
- Fat: 34.5g
- Carbohydrates: 41.6g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Protein: 6.4g