- 2 medium Japanese white sweet potatoes
- 2–3 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt & pepper (omit pepper for AIP)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Flakey salt (optional)
- Wash and peel the sweet potato, and chop into uniform cubes.
- Using a large, deep skillet, heat over medium-high heat and add 2 tbsp of oil. Once the oil is shimmering, carefully add the sweet potato.
- Cook the sweet potato for 8-10 minutes, stirring often to avoid burning and evenly cooking the sweet potatoes. Rotating them often is key to getting them crispy. Lightly salt the sweet potatoes midway through the cook time and add pepper and garlic powder if desired. Add an extra tablespoon of oil during cooking if needed.
- Once the sweet potatoes are crisp, remove from the heat and serve topped with flakey salt if desired.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Global
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 9.4g
- Carbohydrates: 27.5g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 2.3g
Keywords: white sweet potato, pan fried white sweet potato