- 1 large green cabbage
- 6 oz gluten-free egg noodles
- 4 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- To prepare the cabbage, slice the cabbage in half and remove the core. Chop the cabbage into squares and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the egg noodles as directed. Strain and lightly drizzle with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Using a large pan, cook the bacon on medium heat until lightly crisp. Set aside, reserving about 1 tbsp of bacon fat in the pan.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes on medium-low heat. Add the chopped cabbage and lightly season with salt and pepper to taste. Saute for about 5-7 minutes or until the cabbage is wilted and soft.
- Add the cooked noodles, and ghee to the skillet and stir to coat the noodles, and melt the ghee. Add the bacon at the end and remove from the heat.
- Serve with extra salt and pepper to taste and chopped parsley.
- To make AIP, swap the egg noodles for cassava pasta. Omit the ghee and black pepper.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Polish
Keywords: haluski, polish cabbage and noodles