This creamy ravioli soup is an easy and cozy one-pot meal! It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and packed with vegetables.
- 1 lb Italian Chicken Sausage (see notes to make this at home)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 5 cups broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (sub this for nightshade free)
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste (see notes)
- 1 9 oz package Ravioli (I use these for grain and dairy-free)
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Using a large dutch oven, cook and crumble the sausage over medium heat until fully cooked. Set aside and drain the fat.
- Add the olive oil to the pot. Once the oil is shimmering add the onion, garlic, and carrots. Saute for 3-4 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Pout in the broth, tomato sauce, coconut cream, Italian seasoning, and cooked sausage. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil and reduce to a medium simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the soup is a simmer, add the frozen ravioli. Stir for about 7-8 minutes or until the ravioli is cooked. Add the spinach and stir to wilt.
- Serve fresh topped with chopped parsley.
- To make Italian chicken sausage at home, combine 1 lb of ground chicken with 1 tbsp dried parsley, 1 tsp fennel seeds, 2 tsp Italian seasoning, 2 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp onion powder, and salt and pepper.
- Depending on the sausage and broth that you’re using, the soup may already be well-salted. Salt to taste.