- 2 delicata squashes
- 1 tbsp ghee, or coconut oil for AIP
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3–4 tbsp garlic cream sauce without the oregano (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Wash the squashes with warm water. Slice the squash vertically, and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Next, slice the squash into half moons, about 1/4 – 1/2″.
- Place the squash slices on the baking sheet and add melted ghee or coconut oil.
- Season with sage, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Bake the squash for 30-35 minutes or until slightly crispy, flipping halfway through.
- Serve the squash by itself, or with the garlic cream sauce. Note that you can eat the skin! 🙂
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients or sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 121
- Fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrates: 24.9g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 2.2g