These salted caramel cups are the perfect homemade treat made with medjool dates, coconut milk, and chocolate. They’re paleo, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and can easily be made AIP.
- 8 large pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (sub carob chips for AIP)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of flakey salt to top
- Using a food processor, blend the dates, salt and coconut milk until smooth and there are no large pieces of dates. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil using a double boiler method until fully liquid.
- Using a silicone candy cup mold, fill it about halfway with the chocolate mixture. Add about 1/2 tbsp (or more depending on the size of your candy mold) of the date caramel to the top of the chocolate mixture. You want it to be a sizable amount that you’d want to bite into but still leave some room. Add more chocolate mixture on top to fill the mold.
- Transfer to the fridge and allow to set for 2-3 hours. Serve topped with extra flakey sea salt.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 item
- Fat: 4.3g
- Carbohydrates: 12.2g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 0.9g