- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- Salt and pepper (divided)
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (omit for AIP)
For the sauce
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (sub apple cider vinegar for AIP)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (see notes for AIP)
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 knob ginger, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the chicken to a bowl and lightly season with salt and pepper. Toss with arrowroot starch until fully coated.
- Transfer the chicken to half of the sheet pan, making sure the chicken pieces are not touching each other to avoid sticking.
- Add the broccoli to the other half of the sheet pan and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the sheet pan with avocado oil and transfer to the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, tossing the chicken and broccoli halfway. The broccoli should be crisp, and the chicken cooked through to 165 F. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a pot and whisk to combine. Set on the stove over medium-low heat and bring to a low simmer. Stir while the sauce thickens. Once the sauce is thick, remove it from the stove and pour the sauce directly over the chicken. Toss to coat, mixing in some of the broccoli. Top with sesame seeds.
- Serve the chicken and broccoli over cauliflower rice, rice, or noodles.
For AIP, omit the black pepper. Swap the rice vinegar for apple cider vinegar. Omit the sesame seeds, and swap the sesame oil for 2 tsp of fish sauce.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Asian Inspired
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 317
- Fat: 14.3g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 27.1g
Keywords: sheet pan sesame chicken