This slow cooker beef ragu is the perfect comforting meal for minimal effort. It’s perfect served over pasta and is easy to make paleo, whole30, and AIP-friendly.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb beef stew meat
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce (sub nomato sauce for AIP)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup red wine (sub more broth for AIP & whole30)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Optional- sear the stew meat until lightly browned on all sides in a skillet over medium heat along with olive oil.
- Add the beef to the slow cooker and season with salt, pepper, oregano, and basil. Add the remainder of the ingredients and stir well to combine, ensuring the meat is well coated and covered. Set the slow cooker to low, place the lid on, and allow to cook for 7-8 hours with.
- Remove the lid from the slow cooker and shred the meat with two forks. Top with parsley and salt further to taste.
- Serve over a pasta of your choice like gluten-free or cassava pasta, spaghetti squash, or zucchini noodles, spooning some of the extra sauce over the pasta to serve.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 11.3g
- Carbohydrates: 7.2g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 31.3g
Keywords: beef ragu, slow cooker ragu