- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potato, chopped
- 5 cups broth
- Juice of one large lemon
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk (sub almond milk)
- 1 cup kale, destemmed and chopped
- Add the chickpeas, vegetables (reserving to kale), seasonings, broth, and lemon juice to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- About 10 minutes before the cook time is up, remove the lid from the slow cooker. Use an immersion blender to carefully (avoid burning yourself) puree the soup for about 3-4 seconds. You can also transfer about 1 cup of soup and allow it to cool before blending. Add it back to the soup. This makes a creamier base.
- Add the kale and coconut milk to the soup and stir well. Cook for about 10 more minutes, or until the kale is soft.
- Serve fresh or store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Method: Stovetop
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 340
- Fat: 16.9g
- Carbohydrates: 43.5g
- Fiber: 9.9g
- Protein: 9.3g