- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Arrowroot Starch
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (optional for color)
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Green onion for garnish
- Add the coconut oil to the slow cooker and set to high.
- Stir in the chicken and arrowroot starch and stir to evenly coat the chicken pieces.
- Stir in the coconut aminos, honey, orange juice, salt, pepper and ginger and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for about 4 hours. Check towards the end that the chicken has reached 165 F internal temperature. Turn off the slow cooker once the chicken is cooked.
- Mix the chicken well with the sauce and top with green onion. Serve with steamed broccoli, cauliflower rice, or bok choy.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: slow cooker
- Method: slow cooker
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 304
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 30.8g