- 8 oz gluten-free fusilli pasta (I use Jovial rice pasta, or cassava pasta for AIP/Paleo)
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 3 tbsp white (or regular) balsamic vingear
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (omit for AIP)
- 1 lb chicken breast (or thigh), cubed
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 tbsp pecorino cheese (omit or sub nutritional yeast for AIP/paleo)
- Fill a large pot 3/4ths of the way with water and salt. Bring to a boil and add the pasta. Cook as directed until cooked to your liking. Strain and set aside, tossing in a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking and to allow to cool.
- While the pasta cooks, prep the dressing by combining 1/3 cup olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Using a large pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the zucchini and peas and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the zucchini and peas are cooked through. Set aside.
- Add the chicken to the same pan and season with salt and pepper. Saute until cooked through to an internal temperature of 165 F. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Prepare the pasta salad by combining the pasta, chicken, vegetables, dressing, and optional cheese. Toss to combine and serve lightly chilled.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stove Top
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 511
- Fat: 29.4g
- Carbohydrates: 28.4g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 36.2g