- 1 tbsp coconut oil (sub other cooking oil)
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup beets, chopped
- 3/4 cup strawberries, chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp smoked salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Using a medium-sized saucepan, melt the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes. Next, stir in the beets and carrots and saute for 5 minutes or until lightly softened.
- Pour in the liquids and add the remainder of the ingredients and stir well to combine. Reduce heat to a simmer and simmer on low for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the sauce is reduced and the ingredients and soft, remove the sauce from heat and allow to cool.
- Use an immersion blender or a high-speed blender to blend the sauce. Add extra seasonings like more salt to taste if needed.
Store in the fridge for up to 3-4 days and serve as you would any BBQ sauce.
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: American