This string beans chicken is an easy homemade copycat of the panda express dish! This version is gluten-free and soy-free.
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch
For the marinade
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine (sub rice wine vinegar)
For the stir fry
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 12 oz green beans, trimmed to 1″ pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp green onion
- Prepare the sauce by whisking the ingredients together and set it aside.
- Slice the chicken on a diagonal into thin strips.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and add the arrowroot starch. Toss to coat the chicken and add the remainder of the marinade ingredients. Allow the chicken to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Using a large skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 2-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add more avocado oil if needed. Add the green beans to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of water to the pan and cover to allow the green beans to steam for another 2 minutes or until they’re tender.
- Uncover and add the garlic back to the pan and saute until fragrant. Add the chicken and sauce back to the pan, and stir to combine. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce is thick.
- Add green onions and serve with a side of cauliflower rice or rice.
To make the recipe AIP:
- Use chopped asparagus or broccoli instead of green beans
- Use apple cider vinegar instead of rice vinegar.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stove Top