- 2 delicata squashes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste (omit pepper for AIP)
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 gala apple, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups kale, destemmed and chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the delicata squashes by washing well and slicing off the stem. Slice in half vertically and scoop out the seeds.
- Top the cut side of the squash with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Place the squash cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Roast the squash in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until it’s soft. Set aside.
- While the squash roasts, prepare the filling by browning the ground turkey and seasoning with salt and pepper. Set aside when cooked.
- Using the same pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat and saute the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes. Add the chopped apple and saute for another few minutes to soften. Add the kale and stir to lighly saute.
- Add the turkey back to the pan along with the chicken broth, and rosemary. Stir to combine until the kale is softened and the broth is evaporated.
- Serve the squashes by stuffing the filling into the squash and topping with dried cranberries.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 224
- Fat: 8.1g
- Carbohydrates: 30.7g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 14g