This surf and turf skillet is the perfect main dish to serve for date night! This simple one-pan meal is paleo, whole30, and AIP.
- 2 lbs ribeye steak (2 steaks)
- 3/4 tsp sea salt (divided)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp ghee (omit for AIP)
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Set the strip steak out on the counter for 15-20 minutes to allow to come closer to room temperature.
- Pat the steak dry and salt well on both sides, along with pepper.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large cast-iron pan on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot and shimmering, add the steak to the pan along with the garlic clove. Cook the steak for 3 minutes on each side. Use a meat thermometer to check for the temperature of the desired doneness. See notes.
- Remove from the pan and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- While the steak sits, clean out the pan and add additional avocado oil. Heat the avocado oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Allow the shrimp to cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until pink and fully cooked. Set aside and top with lemon.
- Divide the steak and shrimp between two plates, topping both with parsley and the steak with ghee. Serve with a side of roasted broccoli or asparagus.
For a rare steak, the temperature should be 130 F-140 F, medium rare if 140-145F, a medium steak is around 150-160F and well done is anything above.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 783
- Fat: 43.3g
- Carbohydrates: 0.6g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 98.1g
Keywords: surf and turf