- 2 cups leeks
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups white sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 4 1/2 cup broth
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Prepare the leeks by slicing the white part of the leek info half moons. Run under cold water to clean thoroughly.
- Using a large stock pot, heat the avocado oil over medium heat. Add the leeks and stir often for about 8-10 minutes or until fully softened, but not browned. Add the garlic and saute for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and stir to combine. Pour in the broth and season with salt. Mix well and top with bay leaves.
- Bring the soup to a medium-low simmer and allow to simmer for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Remove the bay leaves and reduce the heat. Pour in the coconut cream and stir.
- Allow the soup to cool slightly and use an immersion blender (or a full blender) to blend the soup until creamy.
- Top with black pepper and chives and serve warm.