This pizza crust is the perfect homemade option if you’re craving AIP-friendly pizza! It’s made with tigernut flour, tapioca starch and is free of eggs, grains, and other allergens.
- 3/4 cup tigernut flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Using a medium mixing bowl, sift the tigernut flour and tapioca starch together. Stir in the olive oil, baking soda, apple cider vinegar, and salt. Set aside.
- For the gelatin egg, add the water to a small saucepot and slowly pour over the gelatin. Allow to harden. Place the pot on the stove and turn it on low heat. Slowly melt the gelatin (this will take just a minutes) and remove it from the heat. Vigorously whisk the gelatin egg until it becomes frothy. Add the gelatin egg to the pizza dough immediately and stir well to combine
- Grease your hands with olive oil and form the pizza dough into a ball. Place onto the baking sheet and flatten to an 8″ circle.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 15-17 minutes or until hardened. Remove from the oven, add desired toppings and bake for another 3-5 minutes (depending on the toppings).
- Slice and serve once slightly cooled.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baked
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 159
- Fat: 12.3g
- Carbohydrates: 14.9g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Protein: 3g