- 1 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 3/4 cup beets, chopped
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Add water to the base of a pot or deep pan, and place a steamer basket over the water. Add the beets and carrots into the steamer basket and cover. Bring to a low simmer and steam for 25-30 minutes or until completely soft. Set the carrots and beets aside.
- Carefully reserve 1/3 cup of the water used to steam the carrots and beets. This helps retain the red color in the ketchup. Set aside.
- Heat the avocado oil over medium heat in a pan and saute the diced onion for 4-5 minutes or until lightly translucent.
- Allow the onion, carrot, beet, and water to cool before adding to a blender. Add the remainder of the ingredients to the blender and blend on high until fully smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight glass container and allow to chill before serving.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 45
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: aip ketchup, nightshade free ketchup