These turkey maple breakfast sausages are a delicious homemade breakfast option! They’re made with all real food ingredients and are paleo and AIP compliant.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp ground sage
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Place the turkey in the freezer for 20 minutes to make it easier to work with.
- Combine the turkey with the maple syrup, herbs and salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Either form into sausage patties by hand, or line a baking sheet with parchment paper and thinly spread the mixture and use a biscuit cutter to cut uniform sausages and set aside with a spatula.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat and transfer 2-3 sausages at a time to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F. Repeat until all of the sausages are cooked.
- Serve fresh or store in the fridge for a meal prep breakfast.
All nutritional facts are estimations and will vary.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 273
- Fat: 15.8g
- Carbohydrates: 11.1g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 22.5g