This Tuscan chicken skillet is a flavorful and nourishing one-pan meal made with chicken, spinach, sundried tomatoes, and a creamy sauce. It’s dairy-free, paleo, whole30, and can be made AIP.
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes (omit for AIP)
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped
- Combine the coconut milk, broth, arrowroot starch, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast and whisk well. Set aside.
- Using a large skillet, heat the 2 tbsp of oil over medium-low heat. Add the chicken and season. Cook for about 4-5 minutes or until the chicken begins to lightly brown. Flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Pour in the coconut milk mixture and bring to a low simmer, allowing the sauce to thicken.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and stir to coat in the sauce. Cover and allow to simmer for another 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the sundried tomatoes and spinach. Stir to allow the spinach to wilt.
- Top the skillet with fresh parsley, basil and remove from the heat. Serve with a side of your choice.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: One Pan
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 360
- Fat: 25.8g
- Carbohydrates: 5.7g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 28.5g
Keywords: Tuscan Chicken