This Tuscan chicken soup is a rich and hearty soup made with Tuscan-inspired flavors. It’s dairy-free, paleo, and can be made AIP.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 cups white sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup diced tomato (sub nomato sauce for AIP)
- 12 oz cauliflower gnocchi (Trader Joes, or homemade for AIP… see notes)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Using a large stockpot, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the chicken and lightly season. Remove from the pot and set aside when the chicken is cooked to 165 F.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the white sweet potato, carrots, and celery and saute for another 5 minutes to lightly soften.
- Add the broth, diced tomato, and chicken to the pot and stir well to combine. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the vegetables are fork-tender.
- Pour the coconut cream into the pot and add the gnocchi (add the uncooked gnocchi if using Trader Joes, see notes for using homemade). Bring to a low simmer and allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the kale and allow to soften for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with parsley.
If using homemade gnocchi, skip the baking in the original recipe and simply boil the gnocchi as directed.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 446
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 26.3g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 31.9g