- 2 lbs NY strip steak (2 steaks)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Set the strip steak out on the counter for 15-20 minutes to allow to come closer to room temperature.
- Pat the steak dry and salt well on both sides, along with pepper.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large cast iron pan on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot and shimmering, add the steak to the pan along with the garlic clove. Cook the steak for 3 minutes on each side. Use a meat thermometer to check for the temperature of the desired doneness. See notes.
- Remove from the pan and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice and serve topped with chimichurri sauce.
For a rare steak, the temperature should be 130 F-140 F, medium rare if 140-145F, a medium steak is around 150-160F and well done is anything above.