For the dough
- 1 cup white sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
For the filling
- 1/3 lb ground beef, cooked
- 1/2 cup nightshade-free marinara sauce
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Nightshade-free marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the dough, add the sweet potato to a large bowl and add the arrowroot starch. Fold until a dough forms. Stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and nutritional yeast.
- For the filling, combine the beef, sauce and seasonings in a small pan set to low heat on the stove. Stir for 2-3 min on low until the sauce is coating the beef. Set aside.
- Take about 2 tbsp of dough at a time and roll into a ball. Flatten the ball and add a spoonful of filling to the center. Fold the dough over and form into a slightly flattened ball. Repeat for all of the dough and filling. You should have about 8.
- Place the pizza rolls onto a baking sheet and spray with avocado oil. Transfer to the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, flipping halfway. Remove from the oven.
- Top with parsley and serve with sauce for dipping.
This recipe is adapted from Grazed and Enthused.
All nutritional facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 138
- Fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrates: 23.8g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 7.7g