This air fryer egg roll recipe is the perfect takeout dupe made healthier! It’s paleo, keto, low carb, vegan and AIP-friendly.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (plus extra for brushing the egg rolls)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 head baby bok choy leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp green onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 5 Nuco coconut wraps
- Using a large skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for 4-5 minutes or until the onions are slightly translucent. Add the coleslaw mix, carrots, and bok choy and season with green onion, salt, pepper, and ginger. Stir continuously for 5-6 minutes or until the cabbage and bok choy have wilted and the carrots are soft. Pour in the coconut aminos and apple cider vinegar and stir well. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add a fifth of the filling to the center of each coconut wrap, being careful not to overfill. Roll the wrap by folding up the bottom edge about a third of the way, then folding in the two corners, and rolling the egg roll tightly. Add a dab of water to the edge of the egg roll to seal. Repeat with each of the 5 coconut wraps.
- Preheat the air fryer to 250 F, and prepare the egg rolls by very lightly brushing with avocado oil. Place the egg rolls in the air fryer and set to 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the air fryer with tongs. Allow cooling slightly beforeserving with coconut aminos for dipping.
To cook in the oven, set your oven to 350 F and bake for 12-15 minutes.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 179
- Fat: 6.3g
- Carbohydrates: 26.9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4.6g
Keywords: Egg rolls, air fryer