These almond butter eggs are a healthier homemade alternative to Reese’s eggs! They’re gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, and easy to make at home.
- Using a medium bowl, mix the almond butter and maple syrup together.
- Start adding the coconut flour 1 tbsp at a time, and stir. The almond butter should be firm and easy to mold.
- Add the almond butter mixture to a sheet of parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment paper over the mixture and use a rolling pin to roll flat to about 1″ thickness. Remove the top sheet of parchment and set aside.
- Use a egg shaped cookie cutter of your choice to cut the almond butter into egg shapes. Set aside onto the other sheet of parchment paper.
- Using method of your choice (I prefer a double boiler method) melt the chocolate and coconut oil together until fully liquid.
- Carefully dip each almond butter egg into the melted chocolate, using a fork to allow the excess chocolate to run off. Set the coated eggs back onto the parchment paper and repeat. Use any leftover chocolate to drizzle over the top of the eggs.
- Transfer to the fridge and allow to chill for 30-35 minutes or until hardened. Top with salt if desired and serve chilled.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 50
- Category: Desserts
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 14.5g
- Carbohydrates: 14.7g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 4.5g