This apple bacon jam is the perfect addition to your autumn appetizers! It’s great for a charcuterie board and is paleo, AIP, and gluten-free.
- 8 oz bacon, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 3/4 cup apple, finely diced (honeycrisp or fuji)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Using a medium pot, cook the bacon over medium heat until lightly crisp. Set the bacon aside and reserve about 2-3 tbsp of bacon fat in the pot.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute in the bacon fat for 4-5 minutes or until lightly translucent.
- Add the dates and apple and stir and mash for about 5 minutes. The apple should be soft and the dates well mashed.
- Pour in the apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, cooked bacon, andmaple syrup, and stir. Bring to a medium-low simmer for 15 minutes, stirring often. Stir well for the last 1-2 minutes to reduce any excess moisture. Add salt or pepper to taste as needed.
- Serve either warm or chilled along with crackers, on a burger, etc. and store in the fridge in glass.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stove Top
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 236
- Fat: 15.1g
- Carbohydrates: 20.5g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 5.1g