This bacon cheeseburger soup has all of the flavors of a real bacon cheeseburger while being dairy-free, paleo, whole30, and AIP!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium white sweet potato, chopped (sub regular potato if tolerated)
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (add more to taste for a more cheesy soup)
- 3–4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Optional- compliant dill pickles (like this. Omit the peppercorn for AIP)
- Using a large soup pot, cook the ground beef on medium heat and lightly salt. Cook until browned and set aside, draining excess fat.
- Add avocado oil to the same pot along with the diced onion and garlic and saute on medium heat until translucent. Add in the carrots, celery, sweet potato, parsley and saute for 5 more minutes or until slightly softened.
- Pour in the chicken broth, coconut milk, salt, garlic, nutritional yeast, beef and stir to combine. Bring to a low simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and spoon into bowls for serving. Top with cooked bacon, parsley and pickles if desired.
All nutritional facts are estimations and will vary.
- Category: soup
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 415
- Fat: 26.6g
- Carbohydrates: 16.8g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 28.3g