- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper (omit pepper for AIP)
- 12 carrots, peeled (small, thin carrots.. see notes)
- 6–7 slices of bacon
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the maple syrup, balsamic, coconut aminos, balsamic, coconut sugar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Slice the strips of bacon in half and wrap one slice around each carrot, placing the carrots on the baking sheet.
- Brush the carrots with the maple mixture, reserving about half of the mixture. Transfer to the preheated oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully turn the carrots over, brushing the other side with the remainder of the maple mixture. Bake for another 15 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Serve topped with fresh thyme.
I opted to use baby carrots that I buy from Whole Foods which are larger than standard baby carrots and have stems attached. If you can’t find baby carrots quite like this, use smaller carrots that are thinner.
All nutritional facts are estimations and will vary.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 276
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 24.7g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 6.9g