- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp smoked salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (see above for recommendations for Paleo, Whole30, and AIP)
- 1–2 tsp fresh chives
- Set up a station with the cubed chicken in one bowl, 1/3 cup of coconut oil in another bowl, the arrowroot starch combined with the salt and pepper in another bowl, and a plate.
- Start to dip the cubed chicken in coconut oil, then coat in the arrowroot starch mixture, and set on a plate. Repeat the process until all of the chicken is coated.
- Using a large, deep skillet, melt 2 tbsp of coconut oil over medium heat.
- Use tongs to place the chicken in the skillet. Turn the chicken cubes until evenly crisped and internal temperature reaches 165 F. Add more coconut oil if needed.
- Place the chicken into a sterile bowl and lightly pat dry. Allow cooling for 4-5 minutes until mixing with a BBQ sauce of your choice and topping with fresh chives. Mix until well combined.
- Serve with more BBQ sauce or a compliant ranch dressing.