This gluten-free beef and broccoli lo mein is a simple and delicious one-pan meal! It can easily be made grain-free, paleo, and AIP.
- 12 oz gluten-free spaghetti (sub Jovial cassava spaghetti for AIP)
- 3 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 lb sirloin, sliced thin against the grain
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (omit for AIP)
- Prepare the pasta as directed. Drain and set aside, adding a bit of avocado oil to keep the
- Using a large deep skillet, heat 1-2 tbsp of avocado on medium heat. Add the broccoli and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 6-7 minutes or until fork-tender. Remove the broccoli from the pan, set aside, and clean out the pan.
- Add the arrowroot starch to a bowl along with the remainder of the salt and pepper. Add the steak slices, coating thoroughly.
- Using the same pan, heat 2-3 tbsp of avocado oil. Once the oil is hot and shimmering, add half of the steak slices. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, and repeat until all of the steak is cooked. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk the coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, coconut sugar, garlic, ginger, and onion powder together.
- Add the cooked spaghetti, cooked broccoli, steak, and coconut aminos mixture to the pan. Add the pan to low heat and stir to combine and reheat, coating the lo mein in the sauce.
- Remove from the heat and serve with green onion and sesame seeds.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stove Top
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 630
- Fat: 16.7g
- Carbohydrates: 81g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 38.9g
Keywords: lo mein