This homemade beef stroganoff hamburger helper is an easy and delicious one-pot meal that tastes like the real deal but healthier!
- 3 cups beef broth (see notes)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups gluten-free fusilli pasta (Jovial rice pasta for gluten-free, or jovial cassava pasta for paleo/AIP)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Using a large bowl, stir the broth, vinegar, and arrowroot. Set aside.
- Use a large, deep pot to brown the ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Set aside, leaving about 2 tbsp of fat in the pot.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes or until lightly translucent. Add the mushrooms and saute for another 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the beef back to the pot and stir in the broth mixture and pasta. Stir well to combine.
- Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, bringing the pot to a simmer. Allow to simmer for about 12-15 minutes, stirring often, until the pasta is cooked through and the sauce is reduced. See notes in the pasta needs more time to cook to your liking.
- Stir in coconut cream until melted and fully incorporated. Remove from the heat and serve topped with parsley.
Pasta will be cooked fairly al dente. If the pasta needs more time to cook to your liking, add about 1/3 cup of broth and simmer for 2-3 more minutes until the pasta reaches your desired doneness.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 559
- Fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrates: 59.1g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 38.4g